21.10.13

CHOCOLATE TART

I only had a small amount of pie pastry left, not enough for my smallest of pie plates, but in retrospect this was a good thing because it allowed me to think out of the box [plate]. There is room for lots of personalization in shapes and sizes, for additional items, such as dried fruits and nuts. It can be made into a s’more tart with a meringue or with mini marshmallows. But since my target audience was a ten year old, my hands were definitely tied on dried fruit. All right this is not a Michel Roux’s Raspberry Chocolate Tart, but then I was busy sewing a Halloween costume and time was of essence, because the school dance happens to be this week. Well the tart made the list, sometimes the simplest of things end up being the best.

I think Liv will make a lovely Bollywood dancer don’t you?
the two layered skirt
 
the top
the shawl and the bag
CHOCOLATE TART
*Buy an unbaked pie shell or make your own pie pastry. The pie pastry recipe is here. This recipe will give you minimum 4 pie shells. Or if you had a small piece of leftover pie pastry, shape a small tart with elevated sides just like I did. 

I only used 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of whipping cream. For a regular sized pie you need more. I estimate a pie sized chocolate tart like this:

1 blind baked pie shell
1-1/2 cups pure semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup whipping cream
 
• Melt the chocolate chips with the cream in a double boiler over medium heat.
• Pour into tart shell.
• Place in the fridge for 2 hours until the chocolate is set.
 
This took so little effort, a child could make it if it wasn’t for the 2 hours wait.
 
*Buy an unbaked pie shell or make your own pie pastry. The pie pastry recipe is here. This recipe will give you minimum 4 pie shells. Or if you had a small piece of leftover pie pastry, shape a small tart with elevated sides just like I did.  
  



Privacy & Cookies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use. To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: Cookie Policy

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for the family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized the recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on "ZSUZSA'S COOKBOOK". From there click on any of the chapters to access the recipes. For the archive just scroll to the bottom of the page. I am not profiting from my blog, so visitors are not harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. The recipes are not broken up with photos at every step. Where needed the photos are placed following the recipe. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!