22.8.12

FETTUCCINE ALFREDO

From the Wizard and further adapted from the Olive Garden’s version. This is so good; I have no words to adequately describe it. I often have fettuccine in restaurants but they never quite satisfy. I made some fresh pasta a couple of days ago, well not everything ends up here, plus I don’t post repeats. I still had a bag of cooked fettuccine noodles in the fridge and I thought why not make a plain Alfredo? Let me tell you there is nothing plain about this one. I just ate a small bowl from this pile for breakfast and I think I fulfilled my daily quota of carbo, fat and protein all with one meal. Is this ever good!

FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
1/4 cup white milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated
2 egg yolks
salt and pepper to taste
2 sprigs of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
4 cups cooked fettuccine noodles

• Place the milk and cream in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
• Add the minced garlic and bring it to the simmer.
• Slowly whip in the grated cheeses and then remove from heat.
• In a separate bowl, place the egg yolks and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture.
• Slowly add the egg yolk mixture back into the remaining cream mixture.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Slowly simmer the sauce for 2 minutes and then set it aside.
• Cook the fettuccine noodles and drain.
• Add the chopped parsley and the cooked fettuccine to saucepan.
• Mix it up and serve it immediately.
• Yields 3 servings

Privacy & Cookies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use. To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: Cookie Policy

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for the family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized the recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on "ZSUZSA'S COOKBOOK". From there click on any of the chapters to access the recipes. For the archive just scroll to the bottom of the page. I am not profiting from my blog, so visitors are not harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. The recipes are not broken up with photos at every step. Where needed the photos are placed following the recipe. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!