- Melt the first 3 ingredients in top of a double boiler.
- Add the egg and vanilla and stir to cook and thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in the crumbs, coconut and nuts.
- Press firmly into an ungreased 8 X 8 pan.
4 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp + 2 tsp cream
2 Tbsp Bird’s Custard Powder
2 cups icing sugar
- Combine the butter, cream, custard powder and the icing sugar.
- Beat until light.
- Spread over the bottom layer.
4 squares of unsweetened chocolate (1 oz. each)
2 Tbsp butter
- Melt the chocolate and butter over low heat.
- Let it cool.
- When cool, but still liquid, pour over second layer and chill in the refrigerator.
- Lightly score the top before the chocolate completely hardens.
- When the top is almost solid the bar can be sliced. Makes 16 squares